How to stop Vitiligo spreading ? Can Vitiligo be stopped from Spreading?
Vitiligo is a silent disorder which can be noticed only after its appearance. Predictions about vitiligo cannot be done normally. The onset of vitiligo itself is very much compromising in a vitiligo patient’s life.
Spreading Vitiligo is much devastating in a white patch sufferer’s life as it leads to extreme mental worry and a stage of depression.
There are several patterns of spreading and progression of Vitiligo:
Generalised- White spots appear on various body parts which enlarge with time. This pattern is the most common pattern found across world. Sometimes the spot size remains small but sometimes they get really large covering the limbs.
Clouding – In this kind of pattern cloud like patches appear in large size gradually diminishing the normal skin colour which has the tendency to merge into each other.
Sporadic – Pin dots appear in this kind of pattern which tends to merge forming a large vitiligo patch. It generally appears in fore arms and back of body.
Cause of Vitiligo Spreading
Spreading of Vitiligo generally triggers due to the reason behind it. The most common known reason is "Autoimmunity" which occurs due to various factors such as food habits, harsh antibiotics, steroids, environmental changes, disturbed mental status and hygiene.
Various food items containing Vitamin C can lead to rapid spreading of vitiligo. Numerous cases of vitiligo have been reported to us with the reason of large quantity intake of Vitamin C for example as Amla(Gooseberry) juice etc. Similarly in small kids, sour candies can also spread a static vitiligo vigorously.
Fermented food, yeasted food intake like curd, yoghurt, some south Indian food items as Dosa, Idli regular intake can lead to faster spread of vitiligo in existing vitiligo patients.
Ayurveda emphasise on the theory of “Virudh ahar sevana” as some food items intake at a time can spread a vitiligo spot. Example of intake of non-veg items with milk or milk products are quite responsible for Vitiligo onset and spreading in many cases.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D3 has adverse effects on vitiligo spreading seen in most of the patients
- Enhanced Thyroid count (TSH) triggers spreading of Vitiligo.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency also has adverse impact in vitiligo. It aggravates spreading of a white patch.
- Lifestyle acts like swimming in a pool which has chlorinated water can spread vitiligo. It’s a fact and seen in many of our patients. Likewise visit to a water park which runs chlorinated water can aggravate a white spot.
- Apart from these some treatments like Homeopathy can sometimes trigger vitiligo spread as it’s the tendency of Homeopathic medicines to first enhance the problem. Taking risk with such treatments can spread vitiligo like anything.
- Treatments with corticosteroids have suppressive effects first and then after stoppage of treatment vitiligo can get aggressive spreading as seen in most of the cases.
How to stop Vitiligo spreading depends on choice of treatment and food habits of the sufferer. Vitiligo spread can be controlled by following diet restrictions in Vitiligo.
Ayurvedic treatment for Vitiligo is safest and most result oriented treatment available. With Ayurvedic treatment lots of herbs actually given which improves immunity system of the patient which directly have control over vitiligo spreading. With all medicines diet restrictions advised by Ayurvedic vitiligo specialist will help a lot in faster control of vitiligo spreading. With Ayurvedic medicines along with immunity control, pigmentation is also restored over the vitiligo patches without any side or adverse effects.
Online Consultation regarding Vitiligo problem can be done through this site.